AIM
ToxicKlay

my ferst aneemashun my ferst aneemashun

This is one of those classic Flash animations that you see and hear on Newgrounds. This is the stuff of legend, the stuff NG was grown from.

Cyberbullying... Cyberbullying...

this film really speaks to my heart, so i gave it a 5

Quit Your Job Quit Your Job

It's a 25 second ad for another website, and it's very badly made. You can see the volume bar on your computer pop up and you used GoAnimate to make it. Keep it on youtube.

Anti Chess Anti Chess

Terrible anti-chess. You can't pick what side you play, the AI always plays white, which means at higher difficulties the game is nearly impossible because white can force a victory with one of a few different opening moves.

I can't believe something so simple as being able to pick your side isn't in this game. What a lazy and incompetent thing for the programmer to do.

Mirchi Escape Cursed Dragon Mirchi Escape Cursed Dragon

It's broken and it doesn't work. The puzzle to find the final gem does not open the drawer when you input the right code. I solved it myself and even checked the walkthrough when it wouldn't open. Unfortunately, this makes the game unbeatable. Needs to be fixed.

Maximun Driving Maximun Driving

what is even going on in this game? the perspective is too small and i have no idea how to avoid the enemies because i seem to hit them every time

raptor0555 responds:

the car handles moving the mouse sideways...

Starglasses Starglasses

You're spot on in your assessment that this doesn't really belong in the hip-hop category. However, it has that distinct hip-hop influence in the percussion. It feels a lot like the background music for an Adult Swim bump. I like the samples and sound effects chosen, but something about the instruments feel a little too bright. Considering the overall composition of the song, I can't help but feel like things should be a little more subdued, maybe slightly more atmospheric.

The drums, especially the snare, are in your face and seldom cease up over the course of the song. Give the snare some breathing room - maybe automate a filter on it, change up the sound slightly during certain sections to avoid it from being so static. The same can be said and done for the "woop" sound effect you have echoing in the background sporadically. It's just slightly on the brighter side, which kinds of gives off this harsher vibe to me. Maybe that was intentional, but I feel like this song would sound great if it took a bunch of xanax and stumbled around, so to speak.

Instrumentally, the composition is very well made and defined, the melodies and basslines flow well with each other and I have little complaint about the melodic element. Overall, considering my minor dislikes with the mixing, it's a song worthy of 4.5 stars. It wouldn't take very much to push this one up to a 5, for sure.

Kalviter responds:

Yeah, my worry with this one was that it sounded just the tiniest bit too bright. I might turn down on the highs for certain instruments a bit, or edit some pitches. Thanks very much for the feedback, the xanax comment made me laugh, and I'm glad you enjoyed it overall.

Beautiful Beautiful

Good composition but it all sounds so flat. I really like the way the melody progresses but there isn't enough in terms of bass. I've got a full 7.1 setup here and there's barely any bass on the kick and there's no sub bass anywhere as a bassline in the song. The intro feels a little murky and doesn't really flow as well as the middle and end sections of the song. The progression is really great and the song definitely goes places but as a whole it seems like it was glued together messily with some Elmer's Glue the way the sections are pieced together. Overall I enjoyed the tune but the mixing needs a little work. Good effort though!

carl565 responds:

You're very correct with the intro. I really am not the best at making intros for songs. I have improved so much on composition in the past 7 years of making music, but intros are one thing I just cannot do. I suppose I've gotten better, but it's still not par.

The kick and the bass line do have compression on them, so perhaps that's the reason why they aren't so clear. I tuned the song completely with the use of some cheap Razer Kraken Pros, and they just don't work exactly the way I want them to. Nonetheless, I must have my subwoofer in my car tuned a certain way that picks up the bass more than your system, but it definitely does hit hard, and the bass line does the song a lot of justice with my system. But I love the info on that! I'll have to test it out more in the future.

The progression to me seems pretty damn good, but obviously that's my opinion, haha. I respect yours. You are also correct when you say it's like it was glued together. Using FL Studio with the way that it tries to get you to simply just use patterns has always blinded me. I suppose I take the easy way and don't do too much variation with the melody, as I probably should have. Instruments just come in, exit maybe for a bit, and then all come back together in the end. The way I see it, it's just my style. Each and every artist will have a different style for progression. I could try to work on that as well, because my style is pretty bland, now that you open my eyes to that.

Thank you so much for such a detailed review! They are so rare to come by now on Newgrounds. I hope to hear from you again in the future.

Dubstep-Keep Pushing Dubstep-Keep Pushing

a little too loud!

it sounded really good, but you needed to tone down the master level a few decibels, i'm hearing a few crackles and pops in the instruments due to the volume level. the dubstep is really well made and sounds fantastic! otherwise great job.

InclinedInEverything responds:

i tried to give a record scratchy feel but maybe a bit too much haha